This game promotes problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
For this game, you will need a white or blackboard and 2 sets of colour flashcards
- Start by picking three cards that make a pattern. For example red blue red “blank”.
- Place these cards at the bottom of your white/blackboard where everyone can see.
- Draw a river and boat above the cards.
- Explain to your class that they will take turns being boatmen who have to cross the river.
- Pick a student to be the first boatman.
- Tell the student that they have to get to the other side of the river by figuring out the missing card.
- Ask the class to chant “Can you cross the crocodile river? Can you cross the crocodile river and get to the other side?”.
- If the child guesses incorrectly, his boat sinks.
- The game ends when all the children have successfully crossed the river.
- As the game progresses, add more cards to make the sequence longer.