Flashcard games to play at home. This game promotes problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
For this game, you will need two sets of shape flashcards and two pieces of paper. One with a boat on the water and one with a sinking boat.
- Pick 3 shape cards and place them in a sequence. (Example: Circle, Square, Circle, “Blank”)
- Put your boat on the water at the start of the sequence.
- Have your child identify the next shape in the sequence.
- If your child guesses the sequence correctly, the boat moves to the other side of the sequence.
- If your child guesses the sequence incorrectly, the boat sinks!
- If you have more than one child, have them take turns to see who keeps their boat afloat the most!