Flashcard games to play at home. This game helps make children familiar with all the basic shapes.
For this game you will need to draw a large TIC TAC TOE grid on a piece of paper and in each cell draw a unique shape
For one child:
- Lay out the shape cards in front of your child.
- Ask them to pick a card, identify the shape and point to the corresponding cell on the board.
- Ask them to think about an object that looks like that shape (for example: a kite looks like a diamond)
- Cross out the correct answers from the board.
- Game ends when all the numbers are crossed out!
For 2+ children:
- Split them up into teams! One is the (O) team and the other the (X) team.
- Follow steps 1 – 5 above.
- First team to get 3 in a row is the winner!
This flashcard game works best if followed by games on the Play School app.